Handling our emotions is essential for handling our relationships effectively. Right emotional intelligence is essential for resolving our daily life problems and to empower creative thinking. Such people easily handle difficultemotions. Emotional intelligence plays a great role in your workplace by making you more productive and efficient at your work.
It can be said as a precious skill that helps to augment employees’ managerial skills, problem-solving, communication as well. This skill can also be improved with adequate training as well as practice. It has been noticed that people with high EQ possess great ability to make the right business decision, pressure-handling, problem-solving, compassion and responsiveness. All these skills raise the work-efficiency of employees to very high and they start keeping an optimistic and constructive approach towards their job. Their belief system starts changing and becoming more positive.
Basic Components of Emotional Intelligence
Emotional intelligence (EQ) includes three main components-
- Recognize your own emotions and others’ emotions.
- Managing as well as controlling own emotions and stimulating other’s emotions as well.
- Use your emotions for completing the tasks such as problem-solving and critical thinking.
Employees having higher emotional intelligence have more chances to become successful in their career journey.
How to Use EQ for Achieving professional Success?
You can use the right EQ for achieving professional success in the following ways-
- Self-Drive and Self-Motivation-Individuals having higher EQ usually remain self-motivated. These don’t work merely for money or fame, but they work out of their inherent motivation. Their augmented self-esteem motivates them to improve, react instantly to opportunities, stay committed to their personal and professional goals.
- Self-Awareness-Self-awareness is the foundation of emotional intelligence and contributes to our personal and organizational growth. It has been proved that workers with high EQ have greater self-awareness. Thus, their performance at work remains unaffected by their anger and protest. These are better able to understand others’ feedback on their work and they take positive criticism positively to improve themselves. They are not only a quick learner but also are always ready for facing face new workchallenges. They start believing in self-reliance and have better self-confidence.
- Increases Positivity-When a person possessesa high level of emotional intelligence, they have a more positive mindset. Such people are always ready for facing struggles and do hard work. They don’t get disappointed with the failures, instead, they take it as a learning opportunity. They take lessons from awful memories of facing difficulties and find better solutions. They stop focusing on negativity. Thus, they don’t afraid of performing innovation, rather they are lither and have a more practical approach towards their work.
- More Compassion-People with high EQ are more compassionate and thus they can build up stronger corporate relationships and trust. They understand easily their colleague’s behaviour and their requirements to plan their actions. Empathy helps an employee to perform well not only as an individual but as a team. Employees need to connect with others to accomplish organizational goals.
People with higher EQ don’t skip from new changes and challenges at their work, rather they welcome them to become more experienced and wiser. They are easily able to deal with the emotional triggers related to the changes and reliably shift their priorities to adapt to the change.