Sleep has its importance in human’s life. The quality of our sleep directly affects our mental as well as emotional health. In other words, you can say that the quality of your sleep decides your quality of life. When you take enough sleep, you will feel more efficient at your work and active while accomplishing your daily tasks. The other benefits of having quality sleep are prevention from health as well as psychological disorders.
It has been noticed that sleep disorders are rising day by day in various countries, it has become a popular topic for the discussion of how to improve your sleep patterns. It has been advised to improve your sleep naturally at first rather than going tothe doctor’s clinic or having sleeping pills. A few factors that affect sleep are ventilation, temperature, noise, darkness, pharmaceuticals drugs, food, exercise and helpful bedtime routines.
Importance of Sleep to Your Health
Sleep directly impacts our capacity to recuperate from physical as well as mental impairs and helps us to recall memories, controlling our mood and accelerating growth in children. Every aspect of our life is directly related to our sleep as it decides the way we are going to think, behave, learn, feel and interact with others.
Poor sleep can lead to several hazardous diseases related to cardiovascular as well as metabolic diseases such as impaired mental capacity or weak motor coordination. You must know that good sleep helps in boosting your immune system directly. But, sometimes, you don’t fulfil the conditions essential for having a good sleep.
Few Easy Tips for Having a Better Sleep
While facing sleep disorders, we quickly move towards the medication instead of working on the simple life changes that can solve your problem naturally. There should be work done on all sorts of issues that hampers your sleep in anyways. Given below are a few tips that encourage good sleep in you-
- Constantly Follow Your Sleep Schedule- It has been recommended to a healthy adult to have daily sleep of at least seven hours. You should not take more than eight hours of sleep. Go to bed and get up from bed each day at the same time. Try to follow your samesleep schedule even at your weekends and weeknights. Being regular in your sleepschedule will boost your body’s sleep-wake cycle. When you face issues in sleeping and you are not falling asleep in 20 minutes, you can do something that relaxes you like reading or listening to some soothing music, walking etc. When you feel tired or sleepy, you can then go to bed for sleeping.
- Keep Track of Your Diet Intake-Avoid going to bed with a hungry stomach or after overeating. Usually, you should take half a meal than your actual hunger and complete your meal two hours before going to bed. Excessive usage of caffeine, nicotine and alcohol can spoil your sleep quality. You can have a diet that increases the production of Melatonin hormonein you for a better sleep.
- Develop a Calm Atmosphere for Sleep-Before going to bed, you should create an atmosphere that supports quality sleep. The space should be cooler, darker and noiseless to support deep sleep. More light in the room can make it challenging for you to have good sleep. You should avoid using light-releasing screens before going to bed. Usually, people spoil their sleep themselves by using WhatsApp, Instagramandplaying Internet games. This makes them more awake and disturbs their sleep majorly. Performing a few calming activities that soothe your mind such as taking a hot-shower bath or using relaxation techniques doubles the chances of having a quality sleep during nighttime.
- Prevent Sleeping at Day-time-Sleeping long hours during daytime can destroy your night-time sleep. If you choose to have a nap during the day, try to limit the same toa maximum of half-hour. When you work at night, you should take long naps during the day to complete the residual sleep.
- Do More Physical Activity During Day Time-Physical activity during day time will help you to have deeper and quality sleep. Avoid being too active before going to bed. Spending sometime outside everyday can help you have better sleep.
- Stress Management-Try to sort out your worries as soon as possible to avoid overthinking and disturbed sleep patterns. You can perform some stress management tactics. Set your priorities, stay organized and set a deadline for your tasks. You can practice meditation for reducing your anxiety and stress.
- Visit Doctor for Frequent Trouble Sleeping-When you frequently face disturbed sleep patterns, you can visit your doctor to identify the actual problem and get the right treatment.